Hello and Happy Holidays!!!
This is been a wildly busy week, with lots and lots of memorable moments. I'm sure I'll post about some of these in more detail and with more reflection after the holidays.
Rowan has a great sense of humor. Can you read the sign?
Our week included:
- a Solstice gathering at our home over the weekend with friends and chosen family in attendance.
- experiencing a performance of the Nutcracker on Sunday afternoon.
- a continuing process in regard to Jani's request for Solstice as a religious holiday which may end up in Federal court as a religious discrimination suit..time time tell.
- a wonderful Solstice eve candle-lit dinner and a viewing of the movie, The Polar Express.
- a gorgeous Solstice day, begun with a sunrise walk out on the frozen lake with the kids and a "sunny" brunch of all yellow foods with a dear friend.
- Gemma's ballet recital, the 4-5 year old version of the Nutcracker.
- a visit to Rowan's classroom to share about Solstice and do a comparative analysis with the kids about Christmas, Solstice, Chanukah and Kwanzaa.
- dinner out with the wonderful partner..kidless!
- tommow we are off to Jani's folks for Christmas Eve and Christmas day and plan to take the kids to see Narnia.
Here are some pictures to enjoy.
Warm Wishes to All.
Gemma, post recital, dressed as Claira from the Nutcracker.
The girls at the beach on Solstice morning. We weren't greated with a sunrise, though the frozen lake was stunningly beautiful.